What is Protect Our Children NOW ! for Pregnant Women at the Medical University of South Carolina?
Vitamin D testing has been made part of the standard of care at MUSC. All prenatal women treated through the university will receive a 25 Hydroxy vitamin D serum test as part of their prenatal panel (the blood work that is routinely done at the beginning of pregnancy).
The Protect Our Children NOW! program encourages all pregnant women at MUSC to know their vitamin D test result and supplement as necessary to maintain a target vitamin D serum level of 40-60 ng/ml. Education and guidance will be provided through the online interactive health app, with activities, games and more.
Any pregnant patient at the Medical University of South Carolina qualifies!
How do you Participate
To participate, simply:
- Make an appointment to see your MUSC health care provider and have your prenatal blood panel with vitamin D done
- Join the Protect Our Children NOW! online forum by completing the Protect Our Children NOW! information slip at your doctor’s appointment, or join online here
- Know your vitamin D serum level by accessing your results through MUSC’s MyChart system or asking your doctor
- Learn about vitamin D with activities, games and more (coming soon)
- Apply your knowledge to maintain your vitamin D serum level in the 40-60 ng/ml range, to protect you and your baby
All those who sign up to participate in the online forum will receive a FREE bottle of Bio-Tech 4000 IU vitamin D!
To Schedule Your Prenatal Appointment at MUSC
Medical University of South Carolina
135 Cannon St
Charleston, SC 29425
MUSC Women’s Care – North
3210 Landmark Drive, Suite C
North Charleston, SC
East Cooper Women’s Center
1280 Hospital Drive
Mount Pleasant, SC
MUSC Contact Information
For more information or on-site support, contact Bridgette Blankenship at (843) 345-5251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.