Protect Our Children NOW! Resource List
Medical Office Downloads
- Disease Incidence Prevention Chart – Pregnancy in ng/ml
- Disease Incidence Prevention Chart – Pregnancy in nmol/L
- Scientist’s Call to D*action
- Vitamin D FAQs
- Vitamin D FAQs for Pregnancy, Breastfeeding & Babies
- Pregnancy Iceberg Graphic
- Rates of Vitamin D Deficiency in US Women of Childbearing Age (NHANES data)
- Protect Our Children NOW! Informational Enrollment Flyer
- Protect Our Children NOW! Standard of Care Protocol (MUSC)
- Lisa M. Bodnar, Dwight J. Rouse, Valerija Momirova, Alan M. Peaceman, Anthony Sciscione, Catherine Y. Spong, Michael W. Varner, Fergal D. Malone, Jay D. Iams, Brian M. Mercer, John M. Thorp Jr, Yoram Sorokin, Marshall W. Carpenter, Julie Lo, Susan M. Ramin, and Margaret Harper; Maternal 25-Hydroxyvitamin D and Preterm Birth in Twin Gestations; July 1, 2014
- Adekunle Dawodu and Carol L Wagner; Mother-child vitamin D deficiency: an international perspective; May 31, 2007
- Susan Harris; Symposium: Vitamin D Insufﬁciency: A Signiﬁcant Risk Factor in Chronic Diseases and Potential Disease-Speciﬁc Biomarkers of Vitamin D Sufﬁciency; October 14, 2007
- Michael F. Holick; Vitamin D Status: Measurement, Interpretation, and Clinical Application ; December 17, 2007
- Bruce W Hollis , Donna Johnson , Thomas C Hulsey, Myla Ebeling , and Carol L Wagner; Vitamin D Supplementation During Pregnancy: Double-Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial of Safety and Effectiveness; June 10, 2011
- Bruce W. Hollis and Carol L. Wagner; Nutritional vitamin D status during pregnancy: reasons for concern; April 25, 2006
- Bruce W. Hollis, Carol L. Wagner, Cynthia R. Howard, Myla Ebeling, Judy R. Shary, Pamela G. Smith, Sarah N. Taylor, Kristen Morella, Ruth A. Lawrence, and Thomas C. Hulsey; Maternal Versus Infant Vitamin D Supplementation During Lactation: A Randomized Controlled Trial; October, 2015.
- Anne Merewood, Supriya D. Mehta, Tai C. Chen, Howard Bauchner, and Michael F. Holick; Association between Vitamin D Deficiency and Primary Cesarean Section; December 12, 2008
- Anne Merewood, Supriya D. Mehta, Xena Grossman, Tai C. Chen, Jeffrey S. Mathieu, Michael F. Holick and Howard Bauchner; Widespread Vitamin D Deficiency in Urban Massachusetts Newborns and Their Mothers; January 14, 2012
- Kassandra L. Munger, Julia Åivo, Kira Hongell, Merja Soilu-Hänninen, Heljä-Marja Surcel, Alberto Ascherio; Multiple Sclerosis in Offspring of Women in the Finnish Maternity Cohort; March 07, 2016
- N. Perez-Ferre, MJ. Torrejon, M. Fuentes, MD. Fernandez, A. Ramos, E. Bordiu, etc; Association of low serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D levels in pregnancy with glucose homeostasis and obstetric and newborn outcomes.; May 2012
- Anne-Louise Ponsonby, Robyn M. Lucas, Sharon Lewis, and Jane Halliday; Vitamin D status during Pregnancy and Aspects of Offspring Health; March 17, 2010
- Lu-Lu Qin, Fang-Guo Lu, Sheng-Hui Yang, Hui-Lan Xu and Bang-An Luo; Does Maternal Vitamin D Deficiency Increase the Risk of Preterm Birth: A Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies; May 20, 2016.
- Christopher J. Robinson, Md, Mark S. Alanis, Md, Carol L. Wagner, Bruce W. Hollis, Ph.D., and Donna D. Johnson; Plasma 25-OH-Vitamin D Levels in Early Onset, Severe Preeclampsia; October 13, 2011
- Carol L. Wagner, Cindy Howard, Thomas C. Hulsey, Ruth A. Lawrence, Sarah N. Taylor, Heather Will, Myla Ebeling, Jay Hutson, and Bruce W. Hollis; Circulating 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Levels in Fully Breastfed Infants on Oral Vitamin D Supplementation; August 23, 2009
- Carol L. Wagner, Carole Baggerly, Sharon L. McDonnell, Leo Baggerly, Stuart A. Hamilton, Joyce Winkler, Gloria Warner, Carolina Rodriguez, Judy R. Shary, Pamela G. Smith, Bruce W. Hollis; Post-Hoc Analysis of Vitamin D Status and Reduced Risk of Preterm Birth in Two Vitamin D Pregnancy Cohorts Compared With South Carolina March of Dimes 2011 Rates; August 25, 2014
- Carol L. Wagner, Carole Baggerly, Sharon L. McDonnell, Leo Baggerly, Stuart A. Hamilton, Joyce Winkler, Gloria Warner, Carolina Rodriguez Cook, Judy R. Shary, Pamela G. Smith, Bruce W. Hollis; Post-hoc comparison of vitamin D status at three timepoints during pregnancy demonstrates lower risk of preterm birth with higher vitamin D closer to delivery; November 12, 2014
- Carol L. Wagner, Thomas C. Hulsey, Deanna Fanning, Myla Ebeling, and Bruce W. Hollis; High-Dose Vitamin D3 Supplementation in a Cohort of Breastfeeding Mothers and Their Infants: A 6-Month Follow-Up Pilot Study; Summer, 2006
- Carol L. Wagner, Sarah N. Taylor, Adekunle Dawodu, Donna D. Johnson, and Bruce W. Hollis; Vitamin D and Its Role During Pregnancy in Attaining Optimal Health of Mother and Fetus; March 5, 2012
- SQ Wei, F Audibert, N Hidiroglou, K Saraﬁn, P Julien, Y Wu, ZC Luo, and WD Fraser; Longitudinal vitamin D status in pregnancy and the risk of pre-eclampsia; February 6, 2012
- Meng-Xi Zhang, Guo-Tao Pan,Jian-Fen Guo, Bing-Yan Li, Li-Qiang Qin and Zeng-Li Zhang; Vitamin D Deficiency Increases the Risk of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus: A Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies; September 23, 2015
- Guixiang Zhao, Earl S. Ford, James Tsai, Chaoyang Li, and Janet B. Croft; Factors Associated with Vitamin D Deﬁciency and Inadequacy among Women of Childbearing Age in the United States; November 13, 2011
- Carol L. Wagner, MD (Interview by Carole Baggerly); What is Protect Our Children NOW! with Dr. Carol Wagner; 13 min.
- Carole Baggerly and Carol L. Wagner, MD; It’s Up to US!; 38:47 min.
- Carole Baggerly and Carol L. Wagner, MD; D*facts Pregnancy; 6:51 min.
- Lisa Bodnar, PhD; Vitamin D & Pregnancy with Dr. Lisa Bodnar; 14:08 min.
- William B Grant, PhD; Higher Vitamin D reduces adverse pregnancy outcomes for both mother and baby; 22:39 min.
- Bruce W. Hollis, PhD; Vitamin D Requirements for Breastfeeding Mothers; 57:29 min.
- Carol L. Wagner, MD; Pregnancy and Vitamin D Interview; 41:02 min.
- Carol L. Wagner, MD; Pregnancy and Vitamin D Q&A; 55:31 min.
- Carol L. Wagner, MD; Vitamin D: Pregnancy and Lactation – Preventing Complications, Growing Healthy Babies; 53 min.
- Carol L. Wagner, MD; Public Health Initiative: Meeting the Vitamin D Requirements of the Pregnant Woman and Improving Health Outcomes; NICHD Vitamin D Lactation Summary Data; 43:01 min.
- Robert Banner, MD; Vitamin D Deficiency in Clinical Practice Power Point Presentation.
- Robert P. Heaney, MD; Vitamin D: What it Does & How Much We Need Power Point Presentation.
- Bruce W. Hollis, PhD; Vitamin D Supplementation During Pregnancy and its Effects on Pregnancy Outcomes; Power Point Presentation.
- Carol L. Wagner, MD; Vitamin D Requirements During Pregnancy, Lactation, Early Infancy: A Moving Target? Power Point Presentation.
Additional Research Links
- Belderbos ME, Houben ML, Wilbrink B, Lentjes E, Bloemen EM, Kimpen JL, Rovers M, Bont L.; Cord blood vitamin D deficiency is associated with respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis. June, 2011
- Dunlop AL, Taylor RN, Tangpricha V, Fortunato S, Menon R.; Maternal vitamin D, folate, and polyunsaturated fatty acid status and bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy. December 2011.
- Ginde AA, Liu MC, Camargo CA Jr; Demographic differences and trends of vitamin D insufficiency in the US population, 1988-2004. March 23, 2009
- Johnson DD, Wagner CL, Hulsey TC, McNeil RB, Ebeling M, Hollis BW; Vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency is common during pregnancy. July 16, 2012
- Kumar J, Muntner P, Kaskel FJ, Hailpern SM, Melamed ML; Prevalence and associations of 25-hydroxyvitamin D deficiency in US children: NHANES 2001-2004. August 3, 2009
- Li W, Green TJ, Innis SM, Barr SI, Whiting SJ, Shand A, von Dadelszen P; Suboptimal vitamin D levels in pregnant women despite supplement use. July-August, 2011
- Maiya S, Sullivan I, Allgrove J, Yates R, Malone M, Brain C, Archer N, Mok Q, Daubeney P, Tulloh R, Burch M.; Hypocalcaemia and vitamin D deficiency: an important, but preventable, cause of life-threatening infant heart failure. May 2008
- Parlea L, Bromberg IL, Feig DS, Vieth R, Merman E, Lipscombe LL.; Association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D in early pregnancy and risk of gestational diabetes mellitus. December 2011.
- Shibata M, Suzuki A, Sekiya T, Sekiguchi S, Asano S, Udagawa Y, Itoh M.; High prevalence of hypovitaminosis D in pregnant Japanese women with threatened premature delivery. September 2011.
- Sørensen IM, Joner G, Jenum PA, Eskild A, Torjesen PA, Stene LC.; Maternal serum levels of 25-hydroxy-vitamin D during pregnancy and risk of type 1 diabetes in the offspring. Jan 2012
- Whitehouse AJ, Holt BJ, Serralha M, Holt PG, Kusel MM, Hart PH.; Maternal serum vitamin D levels during pregnancy and offspring neurocognitive development. March 2012
- Zhang C, Qiu C, Hu FB, David RM, van Dam RM, Bralley A, Williams MA.; Maternal plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations and the risk for gestational diabetes mellitus. November, 2008.